Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reflection on Assitive Technology

This week we were to create a power point presentation demonstrating the use of some Assistive Technology tools available with the operating system of our computers. I did have to do a little adjusting since the instructions seem to be written for Windows XP and I have Windows Vista on my home computer. I was aware of the assistive tools, but had never actually used them prior to this assignment. If I were to use them in the classroom, I would be sure to practice a lot more with them before trying to teach a special needs student how to use the tools. This was a very informative lesson. I haven't had to work much with special needs individuals and have become more aware of the fact that their needs will require a lot of planning, research and attention to fully include them in the lessons.

Please view my artifact here: Assistive Technology Assigment

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that I would have to sit down and make sure I was very comfortable with the adaptations that I am showing my special needs student. Additionally, there is a lot of research that needs to be involved into what adaptation that a special needs student might need in class.

    ReplyDelete