Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Reflection on the Course

I have a computer background, so I did not expect to learn nearly as much as I have in this course. We started off by creating a Google account. My thought was “Just what I need, another email account.” It turned out to be a lot more than just an email account. We used it for email, a place to save documents for use in other applications, such as the blog. We also used it to create a web page. We also used it to create, join and participate in group activities. We were able to make comments, start discussions and store web page references. I plan to explore the Google account further in the future, because I am sure there are other applications I have not yet discovered.


We started a blog for the class. I had previously started a personal blog, but had only updated it twice. By using the blog for this class on a regular basis, it inspired me to use my personal blog a lot more. I am learning on two fronts now. The blog was also a great way to keep up with assignments throughout the course.

We learned about some web tools which can be very useful for developing plans on teaching, evaluating and testing lessons. The tools helped to automate the processes. They would make it really easy, once you had developed a lesson to modify the tests and evaluations for other lessons. Throughout this class we learned many ways to automate tasks to make the job of teaching easier. We also learned ways to make the lessons more interesting for the students. Using tools such as power point, movie maker and web pages would enable the students to feel comfortable due to the utilization of technology. In addition, several of these tools would help to keep the communication channels open for the parents.

We also spent a lot of time discussing special needs students. There are many tools and organizations available to assist the teacher and the students. Tools which help the student be able to grasp the concepts, to participate and to motivate are allowing special needs students to be a part of the classroom rather than isolating them. These tools can also be used to engage the parents of the special needs students to help them work with their children for positive outcomes.

Over all, the class was filled with information that I am certain I will be using in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I definitely will be using all of this information in the future. I had a great time in class. Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I never thought that I would ever learn this much about technology. I never knew that there were so many ways that it could be used in the classroom either. I cannot wait to use all that I have leanred in my future classrooms.

    ReplyDelete